Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying Club Info

+3
Matt Bacon
IzNotSpontaneous
azer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roleplaying Club Info - Page 2 Empty Re: Roleplaying Club Info

Post  Jon Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Umm, honestly, I think these set of rules are a bit too restrictive. They encourage a focus on a strength-based, primarily weaponskilled character due to lack of other real options. My sister and I arrived at character sheets with the exact same gifts, faults, and attributes without even seeing eachothers' sheets. Our professions were originally both healer, and our skill points are both 2 in covert and 1 in weapons. I think there needs to be a bit broader range of what you can do with your character so that we all have different people.
Jon
Jon
Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil

https://aicpolitickz.1forum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Jon wrote:Umm, honestly, I think these set of rules are a bit too restrictive. They encourage a focus on a strength-based, primarily weaponskilled character due to lack of other real options. My sister and I arrived at character sheets with the exact same gifts, faults, and attributes without even seeing eachothers' sheets. Our professions were originally both healer, and our skill points are both 2 in covert and 1 in weapons. I think there needs to be a bit broader range of what you can do with your character so that we all have different people.

This is partially because the entire system is story-based. I purposefully gave you guys less skills than normal characters according to the system because an important part of the story is you guys developing and growing throughout the campaign. As for the complaint about gifts and faults, I find it a little odd. There are quite a few of each, far more than enough to create diverse and interesting characters. I do find it unsurprising that you and Marina came up with similar characters, but that might have something to do with the fact that you are brother and sister. It is perfectly usual that your characters would have developed similar skills; you do not come from a particularly diverse environment. Where I do expect your characters to differ significantly, however, is in their personalities. You are creating a person here, not a robot with cool powers. I have deliberately made combat quite dangerous as I expect you guys to use your heads, and have meaningful interactions with NPC's beyond "got any quests?" As I have said, your characters are just starting out in this roaming business. Your backstory will write itself as they have encounters and learn more about the world around them. This is not DnD, this is a system that tries to validate the term roleplaying
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

http://locker.palcs.org/~advtech/2009-2010/AEnsmenger/PAGE%201_E

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Also to clarify: you are not leaving for adventure. You are leaving because the village has outgrown the meager resources of the desert, and you are leaving to find another town or city that can support you.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurtis Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Actually... I also created a character similar to Marina's and John's. I was trying to create a character that was a charismatic thief/striker.

Also is there a magic system in this game? I guess I can make my character either very Willpower centric, or a tank.
Kurtis
Kurtis
Dungeon-Masta
Dungeon-Masta

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Kurtis wrote:Actually... I also created a character similar to Marina's and John's. I was trying to create a character that was a charismatic thief/striker.

Also is there a magic system in this game? I guess I can make my character either very Willpower centric, or a tank.

YOU ARE NOT CREATING A CHARACTER SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED FOR COMBAT SITUATIONS. YOU ARE TRY TO CREATE AN INTERESTING PERSONALITY THAT YOU CAN ROLEPLAY IN A STORY. As for magic, you are superstisious of witchcraft. As for real magic, you have only a vague idea of what it is.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurtis Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Ok sorry Puzzled

I created a Peaceful, Wise, Mysterious, one with nature, type of guy

Name: Rowquacious Narrow (row-quay-shuss)
profession: Herbalist (i assume this means I know how to make useful things out of plants such as medicine and potions.)

Reasoning: Great (+1 original starting points, +1 for declining a gift)
Perception: Good (+1 for decreasing strength)
Willpower: Great (+1 original starting point, +1 for decreasing agility)
Strength: mediocre
Agility: mediocre
Health: Fair

Gifts
Magic resistance
Danger sense
Quick Reflexes
Night Vision (default)

Faults
Bad Back
Code of Honor
Curious
Self Defense Pacifist
Sometimes his hair bursts into flame due to his sheer awesomeness

Skills
Bow: Great
Dodge: good
Read opponent: Mediocre
Hide: Fair
Hunting: Mediocre
Move quietly: Fair
Survival: Fair

Possessions
Bow&Quiver
Bag of Useful herbs
Knife

Personality: Rowquacious has been living in the village his entire life. As the apprentice herbalist he spends a lot of time in the desert and whatever other environmental terrain is near the village. He tends to spend most of time in the wilderness in quiet contemplation. He admires the peacefulness of his natural surroundings. With other people he tends to be wary until he gets to know them. After that though he is extremely loyal.
When faced with a problem he usually thinks it through slowly and methodically before acting. He will only fight unless it is the absolutely necessary. When it is necessary he will resolve the conflict with his expert bow skills
Kurtis
Kurtis
Dungeon-Masta
Dungeon-Masta

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Looks awesome. Sorry about the rant Wink

BTW, Add this to your various inventories:
Marina: Healing kit, Healer's emblem (passed to you by your mentor, almost universally recognized as the symbol of a true healer, healers are usually trusted in most major towns and cities)
Jon: Ironworking tools, iron nuggets, iron knuckles (a secret kept exclusively by blacksmiths, who are often noted for powerful punches)
Kurtis: Bloodmoss (staunches bleeding), Harrada Root (paralyzation agent), Sonamblis stem (causes sleep), book of herblore

Still waiting on Stephen and the Hesses.

azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurtis Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:08 am

can i also add wild almonds for the cyanide?
Kurtis
Kurtis
Dungeon-Masta
Dungeon-Masta

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:41 am

inb4those don't grow around here

Seriously, though, Asher, you should let him have wild almonds to make the campaign a little more...exciting...
Jon
Jon
Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am

Jon wrote:inb4those don't grow around here

Seriously, though, Asher, you should let him have wild almonds to make the campaign a little more...exciting...

Kurtis is a herbalist, not an assassin. I did let him have a paralyzation and sleeping agent; that provides ample opportunities for excitement. However, if he comes across some wild almonds somewhere and looks them up in his book, he is fully entitled to them.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurtis Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Have you finalized what time what time we are doing this on Saturday? I have to go to work in the morning so i need to know what time exactly I need to leave.
Kurtis
Kurtis
Dungeon-Masta
Dungeon-Masta

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Kurtis wrote:Have you finalized what time what time we are doing this on Saturday? I have to go to work in the morning so i need to know what time exactly I need to leave.

2-5, if that works for everybody.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

If we're doing FUDGE this weekend, we can host if the Ensmengers have a problem.
Jon
Jon
Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2