Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iranian Protests.

5 posters

Go down

Iranian Protests. Empty Iranian Protests.

Post  グリフィン Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Keep fighting Iran, keep trying. The world is by your side.
グリフィン
グリフィン
Admin
Admin

https://aicpolitickz.1forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Iranian Protests. Empty Re: Iranian Protests.

Post  azer Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:02 am

Amen, although I think that despite what numerous Republicans have said, Obama should not get involved. That would just prove everything that the current president of Iran is saying about the U.S. , that we go around meddling with other countries, and would give him an excuse to crush the protests as a U.S.-backed uprising.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

http://locker.palcs.org/~advtech/2009-2010/AEnsmenger/PAGE%201_E

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 am

I agree with Azer. Obama can't afford to get into something like this. Plus, I don't think that Iran would appreciate it.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  グリフィン Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:57 am

azer wrote:Amen, although I think that despite what numerous Republicans have said, Obama should not get involved. That would just prove everything that the current president of Iran is saying about the U.S. , that we go around meddling with other countries, and would give him an excuse to crush the protests as a U.S.-backed uprising.

Don't worry, many people agree with this viewpoint, thankfully.
グリフィン
グリフィン
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Mir Hussein Moussavi may not be as open to diplomacy as he seems. When he was prime minister in the '70s, he was advocating for a more closed system. Even if he has changed, though, supreme leader Khameini holds the real power, and can depose any president at any time. (He is the religious leader.)
Jon
Jon
Lawful Evil
Lawful Evil

https://aicpolitickz.1forum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:52 pm

i agree, it would essentially be a waste of money for US to be involved, considering the amount of money already being wasted now.
Insanity
Insanity
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 pm

Jon wrote:Mir Hussein Moussavi may not be as open to diplomacy as he seems. When he was prime minister in the '70s, he was advocating for a more closed system. Even if he has changed, though, supreme leader Khameini holds the real power, and can depose any president at any time. (He is the religious leader.)
It isn't that he is a good person to be in power- it's that he's better than Ahmadinejad.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Unfortunately both of them are interested in destroying Israel and the US.
Insanity
Insanity
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 am

Insanity wrote:Unfortunately both of them are interested in destroying Israel and the US.
Moussavi doesn't like America- that's different then wanting to destroy it.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm

well then, maybe I'm simply somewhat misinterpreting the news.
Insanity
Insanity
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Or at least that's how I see it. All I read is the New York Times.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:44 am

I watch Fox News, that's where i heard about it from
Insanity
Insanity
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  azer Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Insanity wrote:I watch Fox News, that's where i heard about it from

Fox news...Meh.
azer
azer
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

http://locker.palcs.org/~advtech/2009-2010/AEnsmenger/PAGE%201_E

Back to top Go down

Post  グリフィン Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:21 pm

azer wrote:

Fox news...Meh.

Haha, interesting point. Perhaps make another topic about this. Wink

> On topic:

Apparently a protester in Iran came on the news today [CNN I believe], and told all these horrible stories about what police/government officials are doing in Iran. They are actually AMBUSHING people nad MOBBING PEOPLE. And just BEATING people [with an intent to kill]. They are also putting on people for trial and MAKING them say that they were influenced by Western Civilization.

What does this show us, gentlemen? Ladies? Well, it shows how desperate and week the Iranian government really is. They know they're about to get their BUTTS handed to 'em. It's just.. absolutely stupid to think that no one is going to know what's REALLY going on behind the scenes with the Iranian government.

The beauty of this is: the whole world knows how bad the Iranian government is screwing up. And now, they're backed into a corner with the world face to face.
グリフィン
グリフィン
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Hoodoo wrote:
azer wrote:

Fox news...Meh.

Haha, interesting point. Perhaps make another topic about this. Wink

> On topic:

Apparently a protester in Iran came on the news today [CNN I believe], and told all these horrible stories about what police/government officials are doing in Iran. They are actually AMBUSHING people nad MOBBING PEOPLE. And just BEATING people [with an intent to kill]. They are also putting on people for trial and MAKING them say that they were influenced by Western Civilization.

What does this show us, gentlemen? Ladies? Well, it shows how desperate and week the Iranian government really is. They know they're about to get their BUTTS handed to 'em. It's just.. absolutely stupid to think that no one is going to know what's REALLY going on behind the scenes with the Iranian government.

The beauty of this is: the whole world knows how bad the Iranian government is screwing up. And now, they're backed into a corner with the world face to face.
The problem is, the way this is heading, Iran probably will have a bloody revolution, or the protestors will be violently quashed before they can do anything.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  グリフィン Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 pm

A bloody revolution.. yes.. but here's the thing Marina: Iran can't go back and say "oh well we did this and it isn't bad". The blood is on their hands now. The world is watching. Bloody, yes. But America, the world is aware of how bloody it is. YOU are aware of how bloody it is. What does that say Marina?

I think the protesters' efforts will not go to waste. I think they will get what they want, they just need to keep fighting. You know Moussavi or whatever his name is is already under house arrest. ;P
グリフィン
グリフィン
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BobShmob Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Hoodoo wrote:A bloody revolution.. yes.. but here's the thing Marina: Iran can't go back and say "oh well we did this and it isn't bad". The blood is on their hands now. The world is watching. Bloody, yes. But America, the world is aware of how bloody it is. YOU are aware of how bloody it is. What does that say Marina?

I think the protesters' efforts will not go to waste. I think they will get what they want, they just need to keep fighting. You know Moussavi or whatever his name is is already under house arrest. ;P
I agree, and I think that they need to keep on fighting. But I also think that it is a lose-lose situation. There is no way to get out of this without excesive bloodshed.
BobShmob
BobShmob
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  グリフィン Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Marina- sadly, that is the case. However, there have been many revolutions in the past. It is a great sacrifice. But the evil were eventually eradicated, and the good returned. Bloodshed will happen with extreme tyranny + protesting civilians. I fully believe this will eventually be a .. "win-lose-lose" situation.
グリフィン
グリフィン
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Marina is right, you can't get out of this situation without blood everywhere. The only clean way out is if everyone just stopped hating and killing, but what are the chances of that ever happening?! Rolling Eyes
Insanity
Insanity
$p4mm3r
$p4mm3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum